Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New England Girl

I know I've talked about this before, but here it is again...

I love living in New England. I know it snows elsewhere, but I still love it here.

Joseph woke up at 4 something am...then 6 something am...both times, he went back to sleep on his own!!! I stayed in bed and Jon had to leave at about 6:50am. At about 7:15am, I heard Joseph making some noises, playing with something in his crib. I turned to get my glasses and through my blurry vision saw something falling gently to the ground. Snow. Big fluffy flakes. It was so pretty and it put a smile on my face. I came downstairs and have been able to do a couple things for myself (eat breakfast being one of them) before Joseph starts making the noise that says "I WANT TO GET UP NOW!" I've been able to sit here all snuggled under a blanket and watch the snow through the windows to my right and to my left. From this one spot, I can look through 6 windows! The 4 to my left are full of beautiful evergreens that are now dusted with snow. It is now coming down smaller and faster. Later it will get not so pretty, a mix of rain and snow is expected. My plan is to stay inside all day and enjoy as much of the snow as I can and hope that Jon's meeting tonight will be canceled due to weather and he can spend the evening with me and Joseph.

Chicken Pot Pie is planned for dinner...even going to try to make the stock from bones....

...And there's Joseph...this is my life!

No comments: