Thursday, October 30, 2008

CoffeeCoffeeCoffee

"I only ordered one coffee, not three."
"But you said 'Coffee, coffee, coffee'"
"I said 'CoffeeCoffeeCoffee, cuse people know I drink a lot of coffee...it's my bit..."

~Lorelai Gilmore (as best as I can remember it)

I'm working on a large cup of coffee. Yesterday was long...Joseph didn't sleep for more than about 20 minutes at a time until about 4pm, then he slept for about 2 hours. And that was the longest stretch of the day. He even slept on Jon's chest in the middle of the night, cuse he just wanted to be held. Now, he's sitting in his chair, awake, but content.

Yesterday was the first day we were in the apartment all by ourselves all day. However, Jon was 2 minutes down the road in the office most of the day. Today, he's at a conference in Worcester, about an hour away. He'd leave if I needed him to, and I'm sure I won't, but I like that typically he's just around the corner. He's such a calming presence for me. I love him just being close. When he found out that my mom called me Velcro-baby, he said "Not much has changed in the past 25 years."

No comments: