Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Velcro-Baby





My mom described me as being "Velcro-baby". To the point that I only wanted her. No one else would do. Just to be in my mom's arms was what I wanted as a baby. I have been blessed with a part time Velcro-baby myself. While some moments, he feels so heavy and I'd like to type with two hands instead of one (which I'm getting good at), other moments, I hold him just because it feels so amazing and wonderful to hold my sweet sleeping son in my arms, I don't want to put him down. Joseph is 2 weeks and 2.5 hours old and he is having a Velcro day. So far, Daddy's arms seem to work very well too!

Today is my first day at home with my baby boy and no one else. It's been great having my mom around and Jon being home when she wasn't here, but it's good now to be on my own, how life really will be on a daily basis, taking care of myself and Joseph...and of course, Oreo (the cat).

Jon and I were talking last night about the fact that JJ's two weeks old already! I think it was still while we were in the hospital that Jon said "I feel like he's always been a part of our lives." This was the sentiment that we were discussing last night. On the one hand, we can't believe it's been two weeks already! It feels like just a few days ago that we were cleaning the house for hopefully the last time before my going into labor (which never happened). On the other hand, it feels so natural him being here and taking care of him in our daily lives.

And now...I have a sweetly sleeping baby.

3 comments:

cg said...

hurray, hurray, hurray! i'm so excited for you and your new life. and i'm even more excited to hear about it on a more daily basis. love you!

cg said...

one more thing, i can't believe ashley is so big! jj and his cousins are so cute!

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you Nique! Thanks for the glimpse into your life. I look forward to the regular updates =) Maybe I'll start one these newfangled blog thingamagiggies myself one these days... how do spell thingamagiggies??