Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Green and Grey

No, I'm not getting the Civil War movie title mixed up. I haven't had any coffee yet this morning, but I got the title right. (If you have NO idea what movie I'm talking about, that's ok too, just trust me)

Last night I had a dream. I don't often remember complete dreams and today is no exception.

For those of you who don't know (or aren't directly involved), my wonderful friend, Claragrace (CG to those in the know) is getting married in June (YEAH!!) I get the honor of being one of her bridesmaids. Her desire with her husband to be is an urban feel set perfectly in San Fran. The colors they are sticking to are green and grey. Our dresses are beautiful dark grey chiffon.

Enough History and on the THE BIG IDEA....


I had a dream about these:

They are "Bright Green" WILMA curtains from IKEA. In my dream I was at a store where seeking out an inexpensive way for CG and Micah to cover the tables at the wedding reception (something CG and I have actually discussed while I was awake). In my subconscious state, I found the perfect ones! Beautiful bright green, exactly as she wanted. They were curtains, but it was a lot of fabric and not expensive (which these curtains are in real life, I know, I own several pairs). Of course, in sleepland, I managed to find grey chiffon (that was to go over the green) as well. Now, I haven't googled "grey chiffon curtain" yet, but for some reason, I went right to IKEA to see if they happened to have green curtains. I should be more surprised that they really are the look and color CG has described for what she wants her wedding to look like.


Ok, I couldn't resist. I googled it. (Is anyone else amazed at how the name of a search engine has become a verb in our language?)

I tried numerous times to save the picture and post it here, but it won't work so if you're that interested, here's the link. Not quite chiffon, but the look is there; not quite as cheap, but on sale.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?deptid=60156&catid=60954&grptyp=ENS&itemid=155357f&dep=WINDOW&pcat=Panels&cat=Rod+Pocket&refpagename=X3%252Easpx&refdeptid=60156&refcatid=60193&cmAMS_T=X3&cmAMS_C=C1&CmCatId=EXTERNAL60193

Maybe I am more in touch with reality.

1 comment:

cg said...

that's really funny. well keep up the search, but don't let it take over your dreams! i don't think my table linens are dream worthy...hehe. love you!