Thursday, November 6, 2008

Defeated


Yesterday this was how I felt. Regarding everything. Joseph slept pretty well during the night, but that can only be so restful for Mommy. He woke up (yet again) just as Daddy was going off to work (it's amazing how he know...or just one weird coincidence). We've come to about 9am. It was after 10:30am before I was able to get myself a bowl of cereal, which I scarfed down in order to attend to my sons needs, again. This continued until about noon at which point, I heated up some leftovers and got to check my e-mail...not sure if I'd be getting 5 minutes or 5 hours. I posted a question to my sister-in-law with 3 children on her facebook, "Does it get any easier?" About 10 minutes later, she called me, offering advice and support. Not long after I hung up the phone, it started again. I tried everything, holding, not holding, walking, rocking, in his chair, in the car seat, in the crib, sitting up, laying down, face up, face down. You name it, I tried it! I couldn't figure out what he wanted. Usually it's a short list, eat, diaper, gas, sleep. One of them is usually the answer. Yesterday, for hours on end, well..I still have no idea what it was. All this time I'm thinking about how I have several phone calls to make. Joseph needs to get another ultrasound in a couple of weeks. I need to go to the docs for a check up in a couple of weeks. We all need to go to the Chiro. Jon and I have been needing to order contacts forever...



Here is my greatest vent regarding silly contacts..

About a year ago, my mom came to visit us for a few days. She brought Hailey, her big black beautiful Newfoundland dog...aka. bear. Mom and I went out and Jon stayed at home to study. Hailey was facing away from Jon, laying down, content and quiet. Later that day, we realized that she was eating my glasses. The frame was a tangled mess, and the lenses, well...we never saw them again. She has a thing for plastic. Having the horrid vision that I do, I had to get them replaced and quick. My gracious Mom paid for a new pair of glasses and I paid for the exam, including a contact exam. I explained the situation to the owner of the eye place, told her my old contacts were still fine, my prescription changed just slightly, but I had 8 or 9 months of my old contacts left. I told her I wanted to use them up before getting new ones. She said she completely understood. So, 8 or 9 months later, I called to get my new prescription. I got so frustrated with the office. I called to get the trials, first the lady thought I needed to see the doctor again, then no I didn't, just pick up the lenses. Then we started moving, changing jobs, having Joseph, etc, etc. We just never got around to getting the new ones ordered. Guess what has happened now? We can't order new contacts online because our prescriptions have expired. Jon got new glasses..same prescription a couple of years ago, and started wearing his glasses again. He goes through phases of wearing one or the other. So, now, we have to both find a new doc, get examined again, and get new prescriptions so we can get new contacts. And, I'm not sure if our insurance covers the exams at all or not. Hopefully so, cuse we really don't need another medical bill.



But, Joseph is sleeping at the moment. Glass half full, right? Silver lining? It's gray outside, kinda silver. :)

Thank you for listening.

1 comment:

cg said...

I love you, I love you, I love you. I don't have a clue as to whether it gets easier (I assume it may in stages), but for now maybe ranting is a good thing. Hope Joseph lets you get some sleep, maybe you can even take a shower, eat, and find out some info on the eye doctor. I love you!