Friday, November 7, 2008

Victory




It is 9:10am. I have eaten, had sipps of coffee, been able to talk with my husband and hug him sans Joseph, and I think I might be able to get my contacts in...before Joseph wakes up! A little after 11pm last night, Jon got a call from one of is best friends who's mom is making it one day at a time. He went out in the living room to talk with him and I was feeding Joseph (for I think the 3rd time in an hour) in the bedroom. I tried to put him down, but it didn't work. He needed to sleep. I went out and gave him to Jon and went back to bed. (I found out this morning that Joseph did the same thing to Jon for about 30 min as he's been doing to me for the past few days...upset and we can't figure out why). He rocked with him while he talked, then brought him to bed and laid Joseph on his chest the way he likes for a while. Then put him in the bassinette. He didn't wake up until a little before 5am! I actually came out to the rocking chair and watched the news for 30 min. while feeding him. Then, I put him back in the bassinette and climed back under the covers and Jon woke me up a little after 8am...and Joseph's still sleeping!! Jon and I concluded that as much as I want the sleep, it was better when I was able to eat something and still have Jon here to take Joseph if need be.


So, I'm fed, starting to get caffinated and I feel rested, because I got to sleep for almost 6 straight hours. Yeah!


We're having company this weekend. We have a crazy weekend..Here's the schedule

Sat am: Go to CBD Warehouse Sale

Sat pm: Nate, Liz, Alicia, Abby and Anna come from VT to spend the night

Sat??: Rebecca is trying to get a flight to come up for the weekend too

Sat pm: Potluck at the Church...we're going to bring extra brownies, cuse our clan alone might double the attendees

Sat pm: So, Nate and Liz will be on the air matteress in the nusery, with Anna in the crib and Abby in the pack and play..we have to move a few things out of the room first. Rebecca will go on the couch and Alicia will go either in the living room or our room on the mattress of the papizan chair. I will hopefully not be changing diapers in the dark on our bed...we'll see...

Sun am: Get up and out the door for church. I'm hoping Becca does get to come up so Jon can go to work and do his thing alone and she can drive me and Joseph when we're all ready.

Sun pm: Visit till about 2, which isn't much time after church. Then, Jon has to go to an Ordiation Council for someone...somewhere...I will stay home with whomever is left and if it's just Joseph and I....pray we sleep!


It's a good thing I absolutly LOVE and LIKE having all of these people around. It'll be exhausting, but I can't wait to see everyone.


wish you were here too...

2 comments:

cg said...

i hope you have a terrific weekend!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm.... can we come?? And congrats on the 6-hours of sleep... just think, when Sarah and I finally decide to start a family, we just might be calling YOU for advice =)