Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Fishing

One of my favorite ways to make salmon. A very healthy and delicious fish!

Honey mustard, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar marinated salmon dinner

Ingredients:
Salmon (I wish I could afford fresh all the time, but I have found that the frozen fish from Trader Joe's is very good--this from a Cape Cod girl who's picky about fish)
Honey mustard
Maple Syrup
Balsamic Vinegar
(can I just say, Duh? to the previous ingredients)

Sides that I like to flank this dish
White Rice, basmanti preferably
Green beans (with walnuts and garlic)

A little olive oil (should be in every meal)

Completely optional:
Friends, pets and other distractions, housework, wine, others to share this with.


Sarah's comment to this dinner "Happy Fishing"


The ratio for the marrinade are 3 parts Honey Mustard, 3 parts Maple Syrup and 1 part Balsamic Vinigar. I use a tablespoon and if I think I need more, just do it all again.


This is what you can do when you run out of honey mustard....

Notice that I am holding this....I HATE touching raw meat (i.e. chicken) but fish I have no problem with...don't know if that's a Cape Cod girl thing or a salmonella thing.

Can you say YUM!!! And it's not even cooked yet!

Ideally I would have let this marinate overnight or for many hours. This only sat for about an hour and a half and it was still good! While it marinates....I did some other things...
My mess in the dinning room...

Oreo "helped"
My roses from Valentines day were very pretty but time to retire.

Yes, I have a giant eraser.
And a giant pencil...that's actually a coat rack for Joseph. I'm painting it. The eraser is done! Next is the pencil..it's going to be blue.

All Clean!

Oreo knows where the good droppings are...under the high chair...he's waiting for dinner.
Turn a few times if the liquid doesn't cover the fish.


Time to work on the other parts of dinner....pretty rice...

Action shots taken by myself!


Side note: This is in our fridge! It's very exciting to me, cuse I'm a stickler about drinking filtered water. Jon successfully plumbed!


Veggie side.

All ready to cook.....what else can I show you???



I made candles the other day

Wine time. This is a VERY good bottle of Pinot Grigio that costs $3.99 at TJ's. I even got it in the fridge to chill it for an hour before dinner.

Hmmm...should we use stemless or our campaign glasses?


Ok...time to cook.....to be continued.....

1 comment:

shoelesspeanut said...

Is this a kosher recipe? And if it's not, can we make it so?