Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lists

My list is almost an entire page. Full of things to get before our trip to CA, things to do, things to return. I have knowingly not put on my list things, projects really, around the house that need to be done, I want to do, but frankly take an extreme backseat (I'm talking the backseat of a stretch limo here) to everything else.

Here's my latest circle of not getting something done. I need to back up my computer and external hard drive onto DVD (our old external HD got corrupted and we nearly lost every picture of Joseph between his birth and March 20th...among other things) before I call and get it fixed (the fan's been making a retched noise). I keep thinking, I need to empty my camera's on pics and do the back up then call and probably have to send it away. I think I've emptied my camera's 3 or 4 times. And of couse, there's more pics and videos on them now...what can I say, I'm a digital proof junkie. I did attempt to back up my computer on two occasions. The first ended up with me trying to figure out a way to select a lot of data to burn to a dvd and when the dvd is full a little box pop up and say "Disk full. Insert new disk to continue." Apparently no such thing exists with Windows Vista. So now I have to go about it manually, which means figuring out 4.6 GB of data to go on individual disks, one at a time. A sane person would simply open up what they want to copy, select as much as closely fits and hit burn, not concerened about "What if there's a file there that could fit into the last .02 GB" Welcome to my life. I suppose I just need to get over myself and JUST DO IT!

I have several painting projects (getting back to that) that I want / need to get done, but alas, it's very rainy this week so no painting for me. I should concentrate on backing up the computer, keeping the hard work of Jon's cleaning weekend and getting things ready for CA on the top of my list. That is, the "at home" list. The "out of the house" list is a whole other story.

Memorial Day.

1 comment:

cg said...

back up those sweet pictures..you wouldn't want to lose them!

love the family pic by the way.